I hope that you are enjoying the latest edition of the Literary Book Club Box! Little Women has always been a favorite of mine, so, of course, I had to include it in the inaugural box.
Many of you have let me know that you are using your bi-monthly box to start a book club with family, friends and co-workers - which is beyond amazing! - so I wanted to provide a few questions to help you in your book club discussions.
Here are some discussion questions for Little Women:
- What was your favorite part of the book?
- What was your least favorite?
- What surprised you most about the book?
- Do you have a favorite quote from the book?
- How does the book's title relate to the content of the book? If you could rename it, what do you think would be a fitting title?
- Do you have any lingering questions after finishing the book?
Book Specific Questions (Warning - spoilers ahead):
- At the beginning of the book, which sister was your favorite? Did that change as you finished the book?
- In what way(s) does Mr. March's absence shape the girls' behavior and attitudes on life?
- What purpose does Beth's death serve?
- The last two chapters find Jo putting aside her budding career to run a school with her husband. Why do you think Alcott made her strongest feminine figure sacrifice her career and life path for that of her husband's?
- How do you feel about Amy setting fire to Jo's book?